What I'm Listening To...

Old School Throwback Friday (The Late Edition): The Anointed Pace Sisters

I know I may get a shoe or hymnal thrown at me...hehe... but I think The Anointed Pace Sisters (TAPS) are the best gospel female group of recent time (recent being from the 70's to present day). Nothing against The Clark Sisters, I love their ministry and their music, but I just happen to like The Anointed Pace Sisters more. I received a request from another site a few weeks ago to post Wonderful Couselor from their album, In The Hands of God released on Faith Records back in the 80's (the recording doens't list an exact date), so you'll find that below to listen to. To add to that, I've included their original recording of the song back when they were just known as The Pace Sisters. The original recording is taken from their first release, Jesus Knows How Much We Can Bear: Songs of Inspiration. I'm not very sure of the release date, but it sounds like the late 70's to early 80's. Listen to both songs and provide your thoughts on them in the comments below.



Wonderful Counselor (?)

(written by Ruth Davis)
(click on album to listen)









Wonderful Counselor (1980's)
(soloist: Shun Pace Rhodes)

(click on album to listen)

2 comments:

PRAYZEHYMN said...

Where did you find these records...especially the first one? That is classic indeed.

Lilmama said...

Where else but Ebay...lol . The person who originally had the album told me he bought it from his church where the sisters were ministering before they landed a record deal. The only thing about the album though is it doesn't list the soloists but it's still a good listen.