What I'm Listening To...

Digging Through The Crates: GMWA Mass Choir

I was digging through my crates last week looking for some albums for an online friend of mine and came across an album from Rev. James Cleveland's Gospel Music Workshop of America's (GMWA) Mass Choir. The album is from the 1987 convention, marking their 20th anniversary titled, Live At The Cobo Hall Convention Center, Detroit, MI (the recording was released in 1988 under King James Records, a subsidiary of Sound of Gospel). This was an album I had been looking to purchase for awhile because of one song and that song was I've Got To Tell Somebody written by Darrell Rushing. Back in the 80's, the church I grew up in sung alot of songs that were from the GMWA recordings, and everytime the choir sung this song and another GMWA song, Waymaker, people would start to clap, stand up, and just get it the spirit. I can still remember the lady who led this at my church, everytime she sung this, she had this look on her face that looked as if she was saying, "get out of my way, I've got to tell this", and then would throw her shoe...hehe. Hopefully this will bring back some memories for you all as well, enjoy and be blessed!



I've Got To Tell Somebody(1988)
(written by Darrell Rushing)

(click on album to listen)

0 comments: