What I'm Listening To...

Keep The Wright Family In Prayer Pt. 2

Yesterday was day filled with confusion and sadness when news broke of Reverend Timothy Wright's car accident. The accident took the life of his wife, Evangelist Betty J. Wright and left their grandson along with Wright critically injured. It saddens me even more to hear that D.J. Wright, Rev. Wright's grandson passed away yesterday. Let's continue to uplift The Wright family and Rev. Wright's church family, Grace Tabernacle Christian Center COIGC through these trying times.

I had hoped to do a tribute to Evangelist Betty Wright but unfortunately wasn't able to find anything where she was either leading a song or delivering a spoken word. Instead, what I'm going to do is share a few uplifting songs that speak of keeping the faith from albums that Rev. Timothy Wright released or had appeared on. I really hope that the songs minister to those whose ears hear it. I'll feature more songs of Rev. Wright Friday as apart of the Old School Throwback Friday.



That's What Faith Is For - 1988


(recorded by Myrna Summers feat. Timothy Wright)
(click on album to listen)









Just Believe - 1990

(recorded by Timothy Wright & The Mt. Vernon High School Choir)

(click on album to listen)









We Need A Miracle Pt. 1 & 2 - 1993

(recorded by Timothy Wright & The Timothy Wright Concert Choir)

(click on album to listen)









I Won't Let Go Of My Faith - 1994

(recorded by Timothy Wright & The New York Fellowship Mass Choir)

(click on album to listen)









God Will Take Care of You- 1997

(recorded by Timothy Wright)

(click on album to listen)









Where Do We Go From Here - 2002

(recorded by Timothy Wright)

(click on album to listen)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart has been heavy this weekend since hearing about the horrific accident. Yesterday on the gospel radio station here in the N.Y. area played alot of Rev's songs. They played some songs with The New York Community Choir. If you have any of those songs can you please post them. It would be nice to hear them again or any old Timothy Wright songs you may have.

Lilmama said...

Hi Julian and thanks for visiting. It is sad to hear about the accident. I don't have New York Community albums. I do have an album with him and Issac Douglas called Love Reunion that came out in the late 80's. I think it's a reunion album of the New York Community Choir, but I'll look and see. If I find anything I'll post it Friday.