What I'm Listening To...

Throwback: Rev. Milton Brunson & The Thompson Community Singers

Though Rev. Milton Brunson & The Thompson Community Singers have been around since the late 40's, early 50's , it's his recordings from the 80's and 90's that made me a fan of their ministry. There's nothing more that I could say about them that hasn't already been said or written, so I'm just going to post a few my favorite songs of theirs to show my appreciation for what they've contributed to gospel music.



He'll Make It Alright - 1984

(written by Percy Bady)
(click on album to listen)














I Tried Him And I Know Him -1990
(written by Darius Brooks)

(Soloist: Kim McFarland)

(click on album to listen)














We've Come To Worship Him - 1992
(written by Carlis Moody)
(click on album to listen)











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY GAWD!! DO you realize how LONG I have been looking for this album!! MIRACLE (1984) by Rev. Milton Brunson and The Thompson Community Singers..If possible can you send me the entire album (MP3 Version) to dlamarstoudmire@yahoo.com. YOU DONT HEAR REAL CHOIRS LIKE THIS NO MORE THIS IS REAL GOSPEL!!!!

I MISS THIS ALBUM!!! I NEED THIS ALBUM FOR THROWBACK CONCERT IM DOING IN NOVEMBER 08!

God Bless,

La'Mar

Lilmama said...

Hi, La'Mar, I have the album but haven't transferred all the songs to cd, so sorry I'm unable to provide that for you (having some issues with my speakers anyway). Keep checking Ebay though, it does come up time to time. Again, I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I used to have that song "He'll make it alright" on a cassette taped from a local radio station. I didn't know it was from The Tommies, needless to say that was cutting-edge music, especially those chords in the vamp. My God in Zion!! lol

Ricky

Anonymous said...

First Pendulum Records said "God is Good" (Regina Belle) and now the world is saying "Lead Me Jesus"... The first single from Greg O'Quin's new album AFTER THE STORM. Available June 30, 2009 (http://www.pendulumrecords.biz/gregoquinipraize.htm)

Single available on iTunes NOW