What I'm Listening To...

Old School Friday (Late Edition): Timothy Wright

I know it's about time, right?...but I'm finally putting this up. It took me so long because there were so many songs he wrote and recorded, so I was trying to put up a few I liked that aren't already online or on cd. Well, that didn't turn out so well, so I thought I'd share the following songs below with everyone. The first song, Cost My Life is from Wright's 1976 sophmore release, Sunshine In My Soul on Glori Records. The albums features The Celestial Choir of Washington Temple COGIC (where the late F.D. Washington presided) and The Voices of the Temple. The second song is Testify from the 1983 recording, Testify on GosPearl Records. Written by Wright, the recording features his Concert Choir.


Cost My Life - 1976

(written by Timothy Wright)
(click on album to listen)










Testify - 1983
(written by Timothy Wright)

(click on album to listen)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you positive the first one listed is his sophomore album I may be wrong but I believe his recordings with NYCC came before this

Lilmama said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for visiting the site. I'm very sure that was his sophomore release. I'm not sure what the album with NYCC was off hand, but "Sunshine In My Soul" and "Praise Him" were his earlier recordings recorded with his church choir on Glori Records.